Every year, the National Restaurant Association hosts the Food and Beverage (FABI) Awards—a prestigious honor in the food and beverage biz.
The FABIs honor progressive products that are expected to make a major impact in the restaurant industry, and in a clear sign of changing times, this year’s lineup of winners includes several vegan products, from nut hummus to black bean spaghetti.
- Del Destino Pre-Cooked Quinoa and Quinoa Salad (by Atalanta Corporation)
- Vegetarian Gyro (by Taft Foodmasters LLC)
- Energized Hot Cereal Cups (by Earnest Eats)
- Organic Black Bean Spaghetti (by Explore Asian Inc.)
- Nut Hummus (by Hail Merry LLC)
The winners are chosen by an independent panel of experts from within the industry, and this year’s list of 28 was the longest in the five year history of the awards.
There were also a variety of gluten-free products that took home top honors, plus several innovative drinks and even a proprietary system for freezing fruit.
Each company honoree and its respective product will be on display at the 2015 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show® in Chicago this May.