What are the Best Vegan BCAAs? Top Vegetarian Amino Acid Powder Supplements for 2020
It’s important to get all nine essential amino acids through the foods that you eat, because your body isn’t able to produce them naturally. Without a well-rounded, amino acid-filled diet, your body will become deprived of the nutrients it needs to function normally. Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) in particular are essential, because they form the building blocks for your muscles and encourage protein synthesis.
This is big news to vegans who actively participate in the bodybuilding and fitness communities. Vegans have to cut out many foods in order to adhere to a diet that’s free of any animal products, and since many amino acids come from animals, you lose out on the chance to incorporate BCAAs into your body. If you’re vegan and you work out, it’s essential that you make sure you’re still getting BCAAs so you can keep up muscle mass, prevent any soreness from occurring after you’re done working out, and support a healthy lifestyle in general.
Top 5 Vegan BCAAs
|① Transparent Labs CoreSeries BCAA Glutamine **TOP PICK**|
|② Truth Nutrition Vegan BCAA Protein Powder|
|③ NAKED Nutrition Naked BCAAs Amino Acids Powder|
|④ Genius Brand BCAA Powder w/ Focus & Energy|
|⑤ Clean Machine BCAA Fruit Punch Powder|
Due to this, vegan BCAA supplements are popular among vegans and are dietary supplements that are often highly recommended by doctors. If you incorporate a BCAA powder or other type of supplement into your wellness regimen, you’ll be able to get all the essential amino acids your body needs. You’ll also be able to enjoy a boost to your workout recovery, muscle gains, and energy, just like anyone else who gets amino acids in their diets.
The Best Vegan BCAAs List
Now that you understand exactly what BCAAs are, how they can be vegan, and what to look for in amino acid supplements, take a look at the top six vegan BCAA supplements on the market to get an idea of the best products available.
① Transparent Labs CoreSeries BCAA Glutamine
**Use coupon code CL10 to receive 10% off your order**
This BCAA supplement from Transparent Labs was developed to be among the best BCAA supplements available and aims to help you repair and recover from your workouts. Its active ingredients have all been clinically researched and dosed, and are backed by research. The supplement contains absolutely no harmful additives, unnecessary fillers, or colored dyes, simply providing you with a great-tasting, all natural BCAA supplement. It stimulates protein synthesis, improves immune function and glucose metabolism, accelerates fat loss, reduces fatigue, reduces any damage to your muscles which might occur during exercise, and increases the growth of your muscles post-workout.
Best of all, it comes in several great flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Green Apple, Blue Raz, Sour Grape, or Orange. It features a potent recovery matrix that includes glutamine, leucine, isoleucine, valine, and coconut water extract. Transparent Labs adheres to 100% formula transparency, so you know exactly what you’re getting as you support your healthy lifestyle.
- Contains 14 grams of fermented, premium, vegan BCAAs
- Zero artificial coloring, sweeteners, preservatives, gluten, or GMOs
- Made from five simple ingredients with 100% transparency
- Has a strong aftertaste that many users disliked
- Difficult to mix well; has a gritty, chalky texture
② Truth Nutrition Vegan BCAA Protein Powder
Truth Nutrition has produced vegan protein powder that’s backed with all the BCAAs you need in great flavors and pure, potent, powerful performance. The natural flavors are all new and improved with a balanced profile. All the BCAAs are completely plant derived, and you’ll get no chemical taste whatsoever, a taste that can be sickening and sweet for many people. This product has a refreshing and mild fruit taste alongside essential electrolytes that keep you hydrated as you get an energy boost and keep up muscle gains when you hit the gym. You can become stronger and train longer with endurance, strength, and endurance from amino acids for an enhanced performance.
Truth Nutrition adheres to a standard of zero chemicals, artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors, as well as no synthetics. You’ll only get 100% vegan, natural, plant-based amino acids that won’t give you any toxins, stomach pain, or heartburn whatsoever. You can rely on this supplement both before and after you work out for great results that help you reach your fitness goals. Your muscles receive targeted nutrients and an ideal growth environment for a strong, enduring physique. In fact, this supplement is used and loved by many athletes around the world.
- Produced in a facility that is GMP, NSF, and FDA certified
- Provides muscle endurance that is sustained through 100% natural, vegan ingredients
- Refreshing and mild taste that doesn’t leave a bad aftertaste
- Does not blend well and product foams up quite a lot
- The BCAAs in this product aren’t fermented like many other BCAA supplements
③ NAKED Nutrition Naked BCAAs Amino Acids Powder
This amino acid powder by NAKED nutrition provides you with 100 servings in a giant jar of unflavored, vegan BCAAs that are 100% natural and pure. In each serving, you’ll get five grams of BCAAs, and the jars have three to five times more servings per container than many other brands, providing you a higher return on your investment. The supplement contains high pharmaceutical grade ingredients, dissolves fasts, and is rapidly absorbed by your body to give you benefits quickly. You can build lean muscle and increase your muscle mass with the BCAAs as well as increase protein synthesis, and the valine, isoleucine, and leucine ingredients will help both women and men perform better, reduce soreness after a workout, and repair muscles more quickly.
NAKED nutrition has also worked hard to develop its balanced 2:1:1 formula, which is a great BCAA supplement ratio to provide you with both pre-workout energy and post-workout recovery. You’ll get 2.5 grams of leucine to 1.25 grams of isoleucine and 1.25 grams of valine amino acids. Studies have shown this is the most effective formulation of BCAAs for the best results. With this supplement, you’ll perform at your best with a clean, natural product that’s free of GMOs, gluten, soy, and artificial sweeteners or flavors.
- Features perfect BCAA ratio that effectively delivers results
- Contains pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- Helps you repair muscles, build lean muscle mass, and reduce soreness effectively
- Taste is fine for many users, but the smell can be unbearable
- May lead to an increase in blood pressure
④ The Genius Brand BCAA Powder with Focus and Energy
Not only does this BCAA powder from the Genius Brand help you recover after your workouts and support lean muscle mass, but you also will get greater energy and focus as well as an increase in mental clarity from taking this supplement. It’s more than just a BCAA powder; it’s an all natural drink that gives your entire body and mind a boost, making it the perfect pre-workout supplement for both men and women. It features amino acids, rhodiola rosea, taurine, and cognizin citicoline to boost your focus and reduce stress. You can think of this supplement as a natural energy drink that’s beneficial to you any time of the day.
The Genius Brand also has focused on developing health supplements that contain absolutely no artificial dyes, colors, flavors, or sweeteners. The company takes a stance against chemicals and its products have only natural, pure ingredients such as natural flavors and monk fruit as a sweetener. You won’t get any additives or fillers, just BCAAs and 100mg of natural caffeine that enhances your brain and body.
- Not only enhances your muscle recovery and workouts, but also provides a mental boost for overall wellness
- Free from any chemicals, additives, or fillers
- Functions as a natural energy drink
- Many users believe that this supplement tastes terrible and had a difficult time taking it
- Company offers free products in exchange for fake positive reviews; take reviews with a grain of salt
⑤ Clean Machine BCAA Fruit Punch Powder
Clean Machine’s Fruit Punch Powder provides you with all the BCAAs you need to keep up with a healthy and active lifestyle. The clean BCAAs help you build strength, reduce breakdown of muscles, promote muscle repair and recovery, and increase muscle protein synthesis with four grams of leucine per serving. The supplement was developed for healthy, fit adults who would like to enhance their training and exercise by improving their recovery times, overall performance, and strength while increasing lean muscle mass. For people who are also attempting to either burn lots of fat or reduce muscle loss as they’re adhering to a strict diet regimen, this powder can be beneficial as well.
The fruit punch flavor tastes great and is completely natural. You can easily mix the powder with water, milk, or smoothies for an excellent workout drink. Clean Machine uses natural sweeteners, colors, and flavors, with real ingredients from real foods. The BCAAs are also fermented and not derived from duck feathers or human hair like many other products. The mix is also instantized with sunflower, not soy lecithin, so it’s completely soy free. It helps you feel rehydrated and replenished with added dehydrated coconut water, which provides your body with plenty of electrolytes.
- Easily mixes with water, milk and smoothies for a great drink
- Features fermented BCAAs
- Includes dehydrated coconut water, which provides electrolytes so you are hydrated as you work out
- Only offered in small quantities, making it an expensive investment
- Powder may smell bad even when product is first opened
⑥ Fitness One Formulas Pure BCAA Boost
This pure BCAA boost by Fitness One provides you with organic, all natural, and vegan energy, as well as fuels for your body in the form of antioxidants and phytonutrients. It helps to revitalize your muscles both before and after working out, and functions as a completely clean, total body, all-in-one BCAA supplement. It’s pure and fast-absorbing, and helps you to maintain great levels of effectiveness and strength so your body and mind are both elevated to your most maximum performance yet. Its BCAAs are fermented from non-GMO corn and instaminos instantized. The BCAA blend is patented and checked consistently for quality so it helps you limit the breakdown of your muscles and improve your ability to repair after you’re done exercising.
Fitness One adheres to having nothing artificial in its products, and this supplement is also completely free of GMOs, gluten, and animal derived ingredients. The company features the science-backed 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine, and these are instantized with sunflower lecithin so they dissolve instantly and absorb much faster into muscles. This supplement in particular also has organic Coffeeberry Whole Coffee Superfruit, which provides your body with much-needed antioxidants and phytonutrients, and you get clean, organic support for your overall wellness. In the end, the company delivers on its effective, powerful, and clean promise.
- Features the scientifically proven amino acid ratio
- Also includes organic Coffeeberry, which provides phytonutrients and antioxidants
- Pure and fast absorbing
- Many users disliked the taste
- Sweetener included is overpowering
Conclusion & What is the Best Vegan BCAA Supplement
Our favorite brand is Transparent Labs BCAA (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE – Vegan BCAA) and be sure to use coupon code CL10 to receive 10% off your order.
Branched-chain amino acids are an essential aspect to anyone’s diet, no matter what type of lifestyle they adhere to. These three amino acids are important to your health and are not produced naturally by your body, so you have no choice except to get them from the foods you consume. For vegans in particular, it can be difficult to get BCAAs from their diets. For vegans who work out or are bodybuilders, this important to know, because amino acids are the building blocks for muscles and can help you preserve lean muscle as you reduce fatigue and soreness.
If you have a fit and active lifestyle and are a vegan, it’s essential that you incorporate BCAA supplements into your wellness routine. Remember that many pills have a gelatin casing, so look for supplements that are vegan certified and will come in veggie capsules. Also keep an eye out for BCAAs that have been derived through fermentation, either from sugar or from corn; otherwise, chances are the amino acids come from bird feathers or human hair, which you especially don’t want if you’re a vegan.
The best BCAA supplements will feature a 2:1:1 ratio that has been scientifically proven to support your muscles, will be all natural and organic, and come from reputable companies you can trust. Always read ingredient lists and reviews and conduct research before making a purchase. If you have allergies, sensitivities, or any other concerns, it’s important to speak with your doctor before investing in a BCAA supplement. In general however, an addition of BCAAs can be beneficial to many people, no matter what type of diet they adhere to.
Features to Look for in Vegan BCAAs
People who are vegan should take special care in picking out their supplements. Look for vegan BCAAs that have:
- A 2:1:1 formula ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. This ratio has been studied and is believed to be the most optimal blend of amino acids for BCAAs that are derived from plants. They work together in the best way when put in this formula.
- Absolutely no gelatin. Many supplements are available in gelatin capsules, which vegans should avoid due to the fact that gelatin comes from the bone marrow of pigs and cows. Veggie capsules have been created, so look specifically for BCAAs that are certified vegan and come in these veggie capsules.
- Plant-derived amino acids. If the company isn’t forthcoming about the method used to create their BCAAs, conduct research to find the source for the supplement. There are many vegan BCAA sources and if the company is honestly vegan, there will be information about this that is easy to find.
Keep in mind that vegans do indeed need BCAAs, and for vegans, an amino acid supplement may be even more important than for non-vegans; it’s highly difficult to get the amino acids that your body doesn’t produce from your diet when you’re a vegan. Your diet may restrict your natural intake of essential amino acids, and you can’t get them naturally either. Many plant-based foods don’t contain very many BCAAs, so vegans will have no choice except to turn to supplements to get what they need.
Another type of supplement that many vegans take are protein supplements, and often, protein and amino acids go hand in hand; you’ll be able to find products on the market that feature both. For example, some protein powders have amino acids added, or a BCAA supplement will also contain a large amount of protein. Like amino acids, it’s easy for vegans to not get enough protein from their diets and you should pay close attention to the nutrition you’re getting as a vegan to ensure you don’t suffer from a deficiency. For many vegans, a protein powder that contains BCAAs and other supplements is the perfect answer to stay happy and healthy.
Vegan BCAAs are definitely safe to take. However, like all supplements, it’s important to remember that not every brand is the same and some products will work better and taste better than others, as well as contain fewer fillers or artificial ingredients. Always look at the ingredient list of the product you’re thinking of purchasing, and conduct research on the company that produces it, before you make an investment. It’s a good idea to buy reliable products from transparent, truthful companies.
BCAA supplements also often cause an allergic reaction in users, so it’s important, if you have any types of allergies or sensitivities, that you read the ingredients and consult with your doctor before consumption. If you need vegan friendly supplements, avoid gelatin capsules and animal-derived amino acids.
What are BCAAs and What Are the Benefits of Taking Them?
BCAAs come in three forms: Valine, Isoleucine, and Leucine. They are essential and separated from other types of amino acids because they’re not naturally produced from your body, and must come from your diet. They’re essential aspects to any health supplementation and are particularly popular among the fitness and bodybuilding communities because they’re broken down within the muscles rather than the liver, and can enhance your overall performance and endurance.
Benefits of getting BCAAs include:
- An improvement to your workouts. BCAAs can have multiple impacts on your workouts and function well either as a post-workout or pre-workout supplement. They’ll help you to stay lean and lose weight, no matter what your fitness goal is. Not only can they improve your recovery process, but they also improve power and increase overall gains. Many athletes include BCAA supplements in their diets.
- A reduction in muscle soreness. If you take BCAAs before working out, you’ll often find that you’re not as sore once you’re done, or the next day. Studies have shown that sports players who take 40 grams of BCAAs each day experience less soreness and faster recovery in their muscles.
- Increasing fat loss. The amino acid Leucine specifically has been scientifically shown to increase energy expenditure and fat oxidation, both of which increase fat loss. Great BCAA supplements naturally provide you with an increase in energy and endurance, which makes it easy to burn lots of fat in the first place.
- Combating liver cancer. Studies have shown that low BCAA levels can be linked to liver cancer. Typically, people who have liver problems take medication that contains high amounts of BCAAs. If you’re concerned about your liver, it’s another reason to supplement your lifestyle with BCAAs.
How Are BCAA Supplements Made, and How Are Vegan BCAAs Different?
BCAA supplements that are non-vegan and traditional are typically derived from keratin. These products are known as “non-fermented” supplements, and they are not vegan because keratin is a fibrous protein found in fingernails, hair, and other animal body parts. Many traditional BCAAs come from duck feathers, other bird feathers, outer layers of pig skin, and even human hair.
BCAA products that are vegan friendly are made using a different processing method. These products are fermented and derived from plant-based ingredients. The most common ingredient is corn. Fermented production has been used for a long time already to obtain amino acids, and it is quite safe to consume BCAAs that have been created from this method. To put it simply, vegan BCAA products come from corn and sugar alcohols, or, you may find versions that are created from sunflowers instead.