How to Eat Vegan at Chipotle
With how popular Chipotle is, there is no doubting that you have heard about it in the past and have even potentially eaten there. While the food is fresh and delicious, there really aren’t that many menu options available to you if you are on a vegan diet, or are there?
When you are on a vegan diet, it can become quite difficult to find yourself some vegan friendly options, especially if you are out with your family or friends who are not on a vegan diet. If this is the situation, then Chipotle is the perfect place for you to eat at. It will not only have some delicious menu items for the non-vegans in your group, but you will also be able to eat a vegan friendly meal there as well.
If it is not already, Chipotle may soon become your go to spot whenever you are hungry and trying to keep things simple. And the best part about it is that there is more than likely a Chipotle that is close to wherever you are. With locations in cities across the United States, you are probably only a short drive away from their delicious food. And with several different plant-based ingredients that you can choose from, your bowl, taco or burrito is going to be a vegan masterpiece of delicious.
Here are the plant-based items that Chipotle offers on its menu.
Chipotle’s Plant-Based Menu Items
All of the menu items listed below are either vegan friendly or can be made to be vegan friendly when you are ordering. Just let them know exactly what it is you would like and they will be able to accommodate all of your needs.
- Flour and Corn Tortillas: You will be happy to hear that all of the tortillas that Chipotle offers (either corn or flour) are all vegan friendly. This means that you can start your trip there off the right way and have the tortilla that you are craving the most without having to worry about whether or not it is vegan friendly.
- Brown and White Cilantro-Lime Rice: Made by steaming bay leaves, seasoning with lime juice, and finally garnishing with cilantro, the brown and white rice that Chipotle offers is simply out of this world. And with all of the ingredients being vegan friendly, you don’t have to worry about skipping out on the amazing flavor that it adds to your meal.
- Pinto and Black Beans: Since vegans don’t eat meat, they have to get their proteins from somewhere. This is where Chipotle’s pinto and black beans come into play. The protein-dense, delicious tasting beans are an absolute must for your bowl or burrito. Seasoned with a variety of savory spices, garlic and onions, the pinto and black beans are even an amazing option to get as a side. They are just that good.
- The Fajita Vegetables: Being seasoned to perfection with oregano, the fajita vegetables are the perfect mix of bell peppers and caramelized red onions. They are the perfect compliment to any dish that is in need of some sweet and savory crunch. This is one of the vegan friendly menu items that you are going to want to put into everything.
- Sofritas: Being one of the only substitutes for the meat at Chipotle, the sofritas has quickly grown in popularity among the vegan friendly crowd. Being made with an organic tofu that has been braised with roasted poblanos, chipotle chilles, and a secret blend of different aromatic spices,, sofritas is the perfect vegan friendly alternative when compared to the other meat options. This means that if you are tired of just getting rice, beans, and vegetables, you can now spice things up by adding some sofritas to your bowl, tacos or burrito.
- Salsa: The good news here is that every single salsa that Chipotle offers is vegan friendly. This means that you can add as much as you want to any of your items without having to worry about a thing. And with several different spice levels and salsas to choose from, you simply can’t lose. You have the mild tomato salsa, the hot tomatillo red chili salsa, the medium hot tomatillo green chili salsa, and the ever-popular medium roasted chili corn salsa. And what makes these salsas even better is the fact that they are made fresh every single day. You can’t argue with fresh flavors and several different salsa choices.
- The Guacamole: Chipotle’s guacamole is made fresh each and every day. The recipe, which includes fresh avocados, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and red onions, is one of the more popular sides available at the restaurant. And being 100% vegan friendly means that you can enjoy it as much as you want.
- The Chips: Also being made fresh every single day, Chipotle chips are some of the best that you will probably every try. Seasoned with just the right amount of kosher salt and lime, they are great when paired up with any of the fresh salsas or guacamole that are also offered there.
- Romaine Lettuce: Being that romaine lettuce is a vegetable and made of 100% romaine lettuce, this is a very vegan friendly option. If you do decide to get a salad however, be sure that you avoid the vinaigrette that comes with it on the side. The vinaigrette is not vegan friendly and you should try to avoid it at all costs.
While eating vegan does have the potential to be hard to do when eating out, restaurants such as Chipotle are helping make it easier. With all of their fresh ingredients that are made daily, you really can get a good meal that is vegan friendly. Just be sure to let the workers there know if you have any questions about whether or not an ingredient is vegan friendly and they will be able to help you figure it out. And with Chipotle being in most cities, you now always have a delicious option for eating a vegan friendly meal no matter where you are.